There are several possibilities to obtain funding. VU University Amsterdam, the Dutch government and other organizations offer scholarships, fellowships and grants. Below you can find detailed information about scholarship programs, grants and loans most often used by our international students.
- VU Fellowship Program: Highly-selective program for students who have excellent study results and who are strongly motivated.
- Fulbright Scholarship: Program for highly motivated students with excellent study results.
- Direct Loan Program: Program for US students.
- STUNED Scholarship Program: Program for professionals from Indonesia who have completed a Bachelor's study (S1).
- Netherlands Fellowship Program: Grants intended to enable people who are currently employed in developing countries to obtain a Master's or PhD degree in The Netherlands.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship.
If you have any questions about a student grant or loan provided by the Dutch government, you should contact Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO) or call the central information line on +31 50 599 7755.If you need help to get important things done during your stay, such as finding accomodation and obtaining a visa/residence permit, contact the International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).